These completely solid-state 2-Position Chilling/Heating Dry Baths are versatile, reliable and easy to use. Each heating/chilling station has its own Peltier module, and the entire unit has only two moving parts: the fans.
Each plate can be set separately for any temperature within the range of unit without interaction between the plates. It has simple digital controls and a two-line alphanumeric digital display that is backlit for easy viewing. The display shows the target and actual temperatures of both plates.
The chilling/heating surfaces are each 2.875” (7.3 cm) x 4.375” (11.1 cm) aluminum plates that are very flat for optimal contact with the sample blocks. When unloaded, the plates will reach below 0 °C in under two minutes. They will heat to 37°C in under a minute. The chilling and heating rates will change with loads. For instance, temperatures to 4.0°C can be reached on sample blocks as large as 4” (10.2 cm) x 3” (7.6 cm) x 6” (15.2 cm) in about 30 minutes.
Units come complete with bench-top power supply, instruction manual and AC line cord. Sample blocks and covers are available as accessories and are shown on the price list.
Products included: EchoTherm™ IC22 and EchoTherm™ IC22XT
- Energy-efficient Peltier design
- Digital control to 1°C from -20C to 100°C without sample block
- 2 separate temperatures on separate plates or both the same if wanted
- Sample blocks for 0.2, 0.5 and 1.5 ml centrifuge tubes, 96-well and 384-well assay plates, 2ml vials, various sizes of test tubes and more.
- Control at room temperature
- 2 countdown timers (up to 30 days each) with alarm
- RS232 I/O port for control or data collection
- 2 data loggers
- Electronic calibration
- Compact size. Small footprint on the bench
- UL, CSA and CE compliant
- 12-month warranty
- Maintaining 14°C for ligation reactions
- Enzyme reactions and deactivations
- Maintaining 17°C for storing oocytes
- Storing samples at ice bucket temperatures
- Incubate samples in 96-well assay plates, or in aluminum blocks holding 0.2 ml, 0.5 ml or 1.5 ml centrifuge tubes and more
- Storing enzymes or DNA libraries at your work station
- Freezing and storing most any small sample at your workstation
- Chilling reagents in insulated blocks of volumes up to 250 ml
- General molecular biology applications
Full Product Specifications
|Range on each plate||Varies Depending on Model: -10°C to 100°C (IC22); -20°C to 100°C (IC22XT)|
|Range||00:01 seconds to 30 days|
|Audible Alarm||Yes, alarm sounds for 1 minute. Timer counts up until turned off.|
|Auto-Off||Yes, user settable|
|Sample times||1 sec, 1 min or 5 minutes per data point|
|Capability||8110 data points|
|Heater/Chiller||50 watts each station. 100 watts total|
|Operating Voltages||90–265 Volts AC input to bench-top power supply, which provides 12 Volts DC to the unit|
|Power Consumption||100 watts|
|Chilling/Heating Module Dimensions|
|Width||6.5” (16.5 cm)|
|Depth||14” (35.56 cm)|
|Height||3.5” (8.9 cm)|
|Weight||13 lbs (5.85 kg)|