Digital Hot Plates (Non-Programmable)
Heat and time accurately with the most easy to use, fully-featured hot plates available anywhere.
All ceramic topped units are supplied with a stainless steel immersion probe. The aluminum topped units do not include a probe. If a probe is wanted with this unit it must be ordered separately. See probes under ACCESSORIES.
Visit Accessories to see other probes and calibration kits.
HP30 & HP30A Manual
HP51/HP50A & HP51/HP51A Manual
HP30/HP30A Data Sheet
HP51/HP51A Data Sheet
HP50/HP50A Data Sheet
These hot plates are designed to be the easiest to use and most accurate fully featured hot plates in the world. Temperature measurement of a solution is accurate to 1% over the entire temperature range using a 100 ohm platinum RTD sensor and measurement system.
Calibration of temperature is electronic and stored in memory. The calibration is set at the factory but can be done easily in the field using the probe calibration kit accessory.
The chassis on all models are cast aluminum designed to keep spills and heat out of the electronics. They are coated with chemically resistant epoxy based paint for durability.
We offer two different heater top materials: ceramic glass and milled-flat cast aluminum:
- Ceramic glass tops have a maximum plate surface temperature in our units of 450ºC. They heat and cool very quickly. They are designed for heating a solution in a vessel and handle spills well.
- Milled-flat cast alumninum tops have a maximum plate surface temperature of 450ºC. They are recommended for heating a solid on the heater plate surface where more even heat distribution across the heater top is required. They have much more even heating across the surface than the ceramic tops.
Includes the following product variants: EchoTherm™ HP30, EchoTherm™ HP30A, EchoTherm™ HP50, EchoTherm™ HP50A, EchoTherm™ HP51, EchoTherm™ HP51A
- Extremely easy use by anyone in your lab
- Platinum RTD temperature measurement for precision and accuracy
- Solid ceramic heater top for quick heating on a flat, white, chemically resistant surface are framed in cast aluminum to keep the edges cool.
- Milled flat cast aluminum tops available for heating directly on the heater surface.
- PID temperature control for exact, tight sample control of plate or solution
- Temperature ramping for exact heating and cooling rates
- Timer goes up to 99 hours, 59 minutes, 59 seconds with settable Auto-Off for exactly timed sample preparation
- Electronic calibration stored in chip. No batteries to replace
- Full-featured digital display for checking all parameters instantly
- Fused for safety
- ETL, CSA and CE certified
- Testing silicon wafers at various different temperatures
- Determine setting temperatures of epoxies and glues
- Repairing printed circuit boards
- Drying silicon wafers after washing
- Heating small injection molds for repair at controlled temperatures and heating/cooling rates
- Testing the melt point of waxes (ring and ball tests)
- Testing the melt point of solders
- General cleaning of parts or heating samples in a laboratory at exact temperatures
- Catalysis studies
- General chemistry lab use with precise heating
Full Product Specifications
|Platinum RTD||100 ohm at zero in plate|
|Temperature control type||PID|
|Temperature accuracy||1% ±|
|Heater power in watts||400 watts (HP50), 600 watts (HP30), 1400 watts (HP51)|
|VAC||115 VAC, 50/60 Hz (230 VAC available upon request)|
|Ceramic and Aluminum top||100 and 115 VAC, 4 amp, 2.5 amp at 230 VAC, (HP50); 8 amp 100, 115VAC, 4 amp 230VAC (HP30), 15 amp 100, 115 VAC, 8 amp 230VAC (HP51).|
|Line Cord||Detachable, 6 foot (1.8 meter), three-wire, grounded|