Digital Stirring Hot Plates (Non-Programmable)
Heat, stir and time accurately with the most easy to use, fully-featured hot plates available anywhere.
All units are supplied with a stainless steel immersion probe.
Visit Accessories to see our variety of temperature probes and calibration kits.
HS50/HS50A & HS51/HS51A Manual
HS30/HS30A Data Sheet
HS50/HS50A Data Sheet
HS51/HS51A Data Sheet
These were designed to be the easiest to use and most accurate stirring hot plates in the world. Temperature measurement of a solution is accurate to 1% over the entire temperature range using a 100 ohm platinum RTD sensor and measurement system.
Calibration of temperature is electronic and stored in memory. The calibration is set at the factory but can be done easily in the field using the probe calibration kit accessory.
The chassis is cast aluminum and designed to keep spills and heat out of the electronics. They are coated with chemically resistant epoxy based paint for durability.
We offer two different heater top materials: ceramic glass and milled-flat cast aluminum:
- Ceramic glass tops have a maximum plate surface temperature of 450ºC. They heat and cool very quickly. They are designed for heating a solution in a vessel, and they are very chemically resistant.
- The aluminum tops have a maximum plate surface temperature of 450ºC. They are recommended for heating a solid on the heater plate surface. They heat much more evenly across the plate surface than the ceramic plates.
Includes the following product variants: EchoTherm™ HS30, EchoTherm™ HS30A, EchoTherm™ HS50, EchoTherm™ HS50A, EchoTherm™ HS51, EchoTherm™ HS51A
- Extremely easy use by anyone in your lab
- Platinum RTD temperature measurement for precision and accuracy
- Solid ceramic heater top for quick heating on a flat, white, chemically resistant surface. Heat to 450 centigrade maximum
- Cast aluminum framed ceramic heater top edges stay cooler to prevent burns
- PID temperature control for exact, tight sample control of plate or solution
- Temperature ramping for exact heating and cooling rates
- Timer goes up to 99 hours, 59 minutes, 59 seconds with settable Auto-Off for exactly timed sample preparation
- Electronic calibration stored in chip. No batteries to replace
- Strong motor and magnet for stirring most samples
- Full-featured digital display for checking all parameters instantly
- Fused for safety
- UL, CSA and CE certified
- Removal of Oxides from metallic powers
- Making culture media
- Catalysis research
- Leaching studies
- Corrosion testing
- Blending petrochemical products
- Gas solubility in organic solvents
- Precise control of polymerization reaction
- Acid bath removal of thin films optical coatings
- Digestions of plant tissue samples for assay of organic elements
Full Product Specifications
|Platinum RTD||100 ohm, in plate and in probe|
|Temperature control type||PID|
|Speed Range Unloaded||100–1500 rpm|
|Capacity||Varies by Model: 2L (HS30, HS30A, HS50 & HS50A); 10L (HS51 & HS51A)|
|Settability||nearest 10 rpm|
|VAC||115 VAC, 50/60 Hz (230 VAC available upon request)|
|Line Cord||Detachable, 6 foot (1.8 meter), three-wire, grounded|
|Hot Plate Dimensions||Varies by Model: 15.24cm x 15.24cm (HS50 & HS50A); 20.3cm x 20.3cm (HS30 & HS30A); 30.48cm x 30.48cm (HS51 & HS51A);|
|Ceramic Top Weight (unpacked)||Varies by Model: 7lbs (HS50); 12lbs (HS30); 18lbs (HS51)|
|Aluminum Top Weight (unpacked)||Varies by Model: 7lbs (HS50A); 13lbs (HS30A); 19lbs (HS51A)|