Heating Only Dry Baths for Automation
Compact design for single or multiple unit remote operation for robotic systems or on the bench using the MIC20 Remote Controller or a PC serial port and the RS232 I/O port on the unit.
Visit ACCESSORIES to choose sample blocks.
The EchoTherm™ RHB20 Series was designed for use in robotic systems. As such, it is a small, self contained unit that runs off 12 volts DC. Power is provided from a universal bench top power supply that takes 100VAC to 260VAC, 50/60Hz inputs and converts that to 12 volts DC for the RHB20 series. The unit comes with an RS232 cable for connecting it to a PC via any open serial port.
The Serial Command Set is provided with the unit. It gives the user the information needed to control the RHB20. Any number of units can be connected to a PC using any of the available serial ports on the computer. After the RHB20 has been instructed to go to a temperature, the unit can be disconnected from the computer and the computer can be used to instruct another RHB20 using the same serial port on the computer. The unit will retain its instructions when disconnected from the computer until told otherwise. As the unit heats toward its target temperature, the LED on the unit will flash. When the flashing stops and the LED is constantly lit, the unit is stable at the target temperature.
If the user opts to run a complex temperature/time profile, the RHB20 can be instructed, via a computer and software generated by the user, to run the profile. In this case, the RHB20 unit will have to remain connected to the computer.
The RHB20 uses all the standard sample blocks listed below on the heating surface. Surface size is 2.875” (73 mm) x 4.375” (111 mm). Custom blocks are available on special order for any sample container.
- Compact size: 5.25”(133 mm) side to side x 3.5”(89 mm) front to back x 2.0” (51 mm) tall without sample block
- Temperature ranges from ambient to 120.0ºC (without sample block)
- Temperature stability +/- 0.1ºC
- Settable to 0.1ºC
- Accurate to +/- 0.2ºC
- Temperature variation across sample blocks +/- 0.3ºC
- Rugged resistance heater for long life
- Platinum RTD temperature measurement system
- PID temperature control
- Set individual temperature and unplug computer for setting other units. Once set, units will hold set temperature indefinitely without computer connection
- Run complex temperature/time profiles using your computer and your programs
- 26 standard sample blocks available
- Custom blocks made for any sample holder
- Sample blocks held in place by magnets or screws (special order)
- Threaded holes on case bottom for mounting into robotic systems
- Mounting brackets available for Tecan robots
- Universal bench top power supply provided with unit
- Serial interface manual provided
- 12-month warranty
- UL, CSA, and CE compliant
- Designed for use on robotic system. Compact for minimum space on the robotic deck.
- Single or multiple units at different temperatures
- Enzyme reactions and deactivations
- Incubations in a variety of sample holders including 96-well, 384-well and 1536-well assay plates and PCR plates
- Incubating samples for further analysis
- Holding samples at 4.0C
Full Product Specifications
|Range||Ambient to 120.0ºC w/o sample block|
|Readable & Settable||0.1ºC|
|Sensor Type||Platinum RTD|
|Uniformity across the surface||+/- 0.3ºC|
|Range||24 hours, 59 minutes, 59 seconds|
|Readable & Settable||1 second|
|Heater/Chiller Power||100 watts|
|Operating Voltages||100 to 260VAC, 50/60Hz inputs to universal power supply to provide 12 volts DC to the unit|
|Chilling/Heating Modules Dimensions|
|Width (side to side)||5.25” (133 mm)|
|Depth (front to back)||3.50” (89 mm)|
|Height (without sample block)||2.0” (51 mm)|
|Weight (unpacked)||1.5 pounds (0.68 kg)|
|Bench Top Power Supply Dimensions|
|Length||6.5” (165 mm)|
|Depth||2.5” (63 mm)|
|Height||1.5” (38 mm)|