The EchoTherm RIC40 is designed for use in robotic systems. As such, it is a very small (125 mm x 82 mm x 99 mm), self contained unit with a footprint the size of a standard 96-well assay plate. It runs off 12 volts DC. Power may be provided from a universal bench top power supply that takes AC inputs from 100 VAC to 260 VAC, 50/60 Hz and converts that to 12 VDC for the unit or from the robots our power source. The RIC40 is provided with an RS232 cable for connecting it to a PC or robotic system via any open serial port.
The Serial Command Set is provided with the unit. It provides user information needed to control any RIC40. Any number of units can be connected to a PC or controller using any of the available serial ports. After the RIC40 has been instructed to go to a tempertaure the unit may be disconnected from the computer and the computer may be used to command other units.The RIC40 unit will retain its instructions when disconnected until told otherwise. As the unit heats or chills towards its target temperature the green LED in the unit will flash. When the target temperature is reached and stable to +/- 0.2C the LED will stop flashing and stay lit.
If the user opts to run a complex temperature/time profile the RIC40 can be instructed to do so via software generated by the user. In this case the unit will need to stay connected to the PC or controller.
The RIC40 uses all the standard blocks listed under ACCESSORIES. The heating/chilling surface size is 73 mm x 111 mm.
- Compact size. One grid on a Tecan robot. Size: 4.9" side to side, 3.3" front to back, and 3.9" tall without sample block. Footprint the size of a standard assay plate.
- Peltier based for chilling and heating.
- Temperature range from 0.0 C to 100.0 C without sample block.
- Temperature stability +/- 0.1 C
- Settable to 0.1 C
- Accurate to +/- 0.2 C
- Temperature variation across the sample block +/- 0.3 C
- RTD temperature measurement system
- PID temperature control
- 26 standard sample blocks available
- Custom blocks made to fit any sample container
- Sample blocks held in place by screws
- Threaded holes on case bottom for mounting into systems
- Mounting brackets available for Tecan robots
- Serial interface manual provided
- Universal bench top power supply provided
- UL, CSA, and CE compliant
- Enzyme reactions and eactivations
- Incubations in a variety of sample holders like centrifuge tubes and assay plates
- Bench top uses of single or multiple units at different temperatures
- Incubating samples at various temperatures for later analysis
- Storing samples at 4.0C
Full Product Specifications
|Range (without sample block)||0.0 C to 100.0 C|
|Readable and settable||0.1 C|
|Accuracy||+/- 0.2 C|
|Stability||+/- 0.1 C|
|Sensor type||Platinum RTD|
|Range||24 hours, 59 minutes, 59 seconds|
|Readable and settable||1 second|
|Heater/Chiller power||50 watts|
|Operating voltages||100 to 260 VAC, 50/60 Hz|
|Power supply provided||Universal bench top provides 12 VDC at 50 watts|
|Lemgth||4.9" (125 mm)|
|Tall (without sample block)||3.9" (99 mm)|
|Weight||4 lbs (1.46 kgs)|